(Translation of the Portuguese version)
The Happy Bicycle® Store respects the user’s right to privacy. We have been committed to adopting the best data protection and privacy practices of our customers and users. All personal information concerning users of the site will be treated in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 (GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation).
This policy contains the rules applicable to the collection and processing of personal data by Com.Unidade – Projectos de Design, Lda. at its website www.happybicycle.pt. These rules do not replace any clauses that are specifically agreed with any customer, partner, and / or vendor. In this case, this policy may supplement such documents but does not replace them.
By providing Happy Bicycle® with their personal data, the holder acknowledges and declares that:
- It is of legal age;
- Consent to the collection, treatment and processing of personal data as described herein.
Identification of the entity responsible for the controller
Happy Bicycle® Store is a registered trademark of the company Com.Unidade – Projectos de Design, Lda., Established in R. Prof. Luís Reis Santos 5, enrolled in the Commercial Registry of Lisbon under the single registration number and corporate person 505681005, with a share capital of € 5,000. The trademark is also registered to Samuel Rolin André Queiros.
Purpose of the collection of personal data
Happy Bicycle® provides services for the sale of bicycle accessories and for bicycle repair and maintenance. To do so, Happy Bicycle® needs to collect personal data for the following purposes:
- Online shoping
– Processing, Invoicing, Payment and Shipping of orders made on the website;
- Contact form
– The data provided on the form will only be used to manage your contact request, based on the ground to respond to the requests that are addressed to us.
- Newsletter Subscriptions
– Our newsletter aims to provide information about the products and services we offer, including sending newsletters to customers who have requested it, provided that the Customer has given his consent and has not refused to use his data for this purpose;
– By subscribing to the newsletter on the Happy Bicycle® website, you are consenting to the collection of your name and email address for this purpose. After subscribing to the site, an email will always be sent requesting that you confirm the authorization to collect and store your personal data for this purpose.
– Sent newsletters contain tracking pixels. These pixels are codes included in the email in order to generate the statistical data we need to evaluate the success of the submission. Based on this data we can see if the email was opened and which links you clicked on.
Identification of the categories of data to be collected
Name, email, contact phone number and shipping address. Happy Bicycle® collects the information from the data subject by completing the forms available in the registration or purchase section of the website, or via email. The information marked on the forms with a * is mandatory. Failure to provide information marked as mandatory will result in the inability to complete the purchase / registration and subsequently send us your data.
All traffic between this website and your browser is encrypted and delivered via HTTPS. All sensitive areas (Registration, Shopping Cart and / or Payment Methods, among others) of our online store are covered by Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology.
Happy Bicycle® will keep the data for 26 months. Nevertheless, Happy Bicycle® may have to withhold certain data for a longer period for the purpose of complying with legal obligations.
Data Recipients or categories of Recipients
Data is collected and maintained by Happy Bicycle® for the purposes described above and are not disclosed to third parties, but may be transmitted to subcontracted entities by Happy Bicycle® to perform, on their behalf and under their responsibility and supervision, the following data processing operations:
- Payments can be processed through the Paypal platform, based in the United States of America. More information at this link
- Payments can be processed through the Stripel platform, based in the United States of America. More information at this link
- The billing process is done through the Moloni platform, based in Lisbon and certified by the Tax Authority under No. 1455. Having its procedures according to the new Regulation. More information in this link.
- Newsletters will be processed through the MailChimp platform, by The Rocket Science Group, LLC, based in Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America. Your data will be transferred to servers located in the US. This subcontractor respects the EU / US Protection Shield. More information at this link.
- Information regarding testimonials and reviews is processed through the Yotpo platform, based in New York, United States of America. This subcontractor respects the EU / US Protection Shield. More information at this link .
- The data collected through the website’s contact forms are sent and stored by JotForm Inc., headquartered in the United States of America. Having its procedures according to the new Regulation. More information at this link.
Right of access and Right of rectification of your personal data
As the data holder, you have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether Happy Bicycle® is processing personal data concerning you and, if it is the case, you have the right to access, update, correct inaccurate data or request the deletion of your personal data.
You may exercise these rights by sending a written communication addressed to our office or to this email: info [at] happybicycle [dot] pt
Cookies – automatic data collection
Please see our Cookies Policy for more information – link.
Links from Other Websites
You can find links to other websites on our website. We are specifically not responsible for the reliability of the accuracy, completeness, legality, objectivity and duration of the content of these websites.
Last Review: March 2019
For any question contact: info [at] happybicycle [dot] pt